Friday, January 30, 2009

An Interview with Crymsyn Hart and A Contest!





Please welcome Crymsyn Hart to my blog today.

Alisha: Can you tell us a little bit about your childhood? Favorite memories?

Crymsyn: Well my childhood consisted of moving around a lot. By the time I was 18, I had moved 25 times or thereabouts. I’ve lost track over the years. By the time I was twelve I realized that I was psychic and could see people that weren’t there and predict things that had happened or would happen. My mother thought it was an overactive imagination. However, my imagination led me to want to start writing.

Don’t really have a favorite childhood memory. There are some that are good. More that are bad. Overall ehh. I fell in love with books as soon as I could read so I was already reading to get away from my life.

Alisha: Tell us about the hero and heroine in your latest release.

Crymsyn: The heroine in my latest release is named Keeleigh. She is a harp playing, belly dancing , confident woman with a touch of magick. She wants no one to protect her, but doesn’t have a choice when her life is in danger so she chooses to embrace her Elvin heritage to save her life.

My hero is Caleb. He is the leader of the Raven Warriors. A cursed sect that is bound to raven form for 28 days of the month until the three days of the full moon. Then they can be men again. They are all sworn to the goddess Morgaine. Caleb is at the end of his rope after five thousand years he wants out of his sworn duty. However Morrigain has requested he watch over one more charge. Keeleigh. And he isn’t happy about it.

Alisha: If you were granted three wishes by a genie, what would they be?

Crymsyn: To be able to support my family by writing and nothing else.
To eat cheesecake and not gain a pound.
To have a happy and healthy family for as along as I can

Alisha:If you could go anywhere to tomorrow, where would you go?

Crymsyn: I want to go to Rome and see all the sights. I’ve always wanted to go there. Can’t speak a lick of Italian, but ehh…hubby would love it since he is Italian. LOL

Alisha: If you could see anyone tomorrow (dead or alive), who would it be?

Crymsyn: Do I have to narrow it down to one? Man…

Alisha: If you could choose six people to spend one week on a desert island, who would it be and why?

Crymsyn: My stepmother- she has an affinity for cheesecake and we are great friends.
My good friend Dahlia- she also has an affinity for cheesecake and we are twins at heart.
Harmony- She’s one of my best friends. She loves cheesecake too, but well there are too many things to write about her.
3- other friends I’m not going to mention their names, but they would even out the little circle of friends.

I don’t believe in picking famous people. Dead people would be cool to chat with them and all, but I like to make the best with the people that I have around me now. They are important to me and family.

Alisha: If you had one day to spoil yourself, what would you do?

Crymsyn: Massage, cheesecake, and more cheesecake.

Alisha: If you could change one incident in your life, what would it be and how would you change it?

Crymsyn: Honestly with everything that has happened to me in my life, I wouldn’t change anything. I love my life the way it is. If I changed one thing , I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I believe that things happen for a reason and so far my reasons are good.

Alisha: What’s the sexiest thing a man has ever done for you or said to you or both?

Crymsyn: I don’t think I can answer that one…Hubby wouldn’t like me to get into that. LOL…(think all of those evil thoughts. )

Excerpt: An Eternity of Shadows - available at Amira Press

Deep sadness and hurt echoed through her soul. Whatever Caleb had locked up inside his heart, was eating away at him until finally he yearned to end his existence. Before Keeleigh could think she had reached out her hand and touched his shoulder lightly. A small spark moved between her palm and his shoulder. Looking into his silver eyes now, she realized they were not reflective, but deep and hypnotizing. The sadness inside of him triggered her instinct to heal no matter how much her anger ruled her. Her magick rose and she sent a warm current through her palm and into him.

“What are you doing?” he whispered.

Keeleigh studied his face. No stubble marred his cheeks. The only creases etched into his flesh were from worry. “Just trying to help.” She forced a smile.

“Elf magick. I don’t need it. And I certainly don’t—”

In that instant, her resentment and irritation fell away from her heart. Warmth returned as did the desire. Only this time it was stronger. Caleb’s lips were inviting. They moved, caressing his words, but she didn’t hear a thing he said. A compulsion so strong to taste him overcame Keeleigh. There was no choice but to obey. She leaned in pressing her mouth to his. Caleb quieted instantly. Keeleigh experienced his shock from her before he returned her kiss. He leaned into her, giving her an open invitation. Keeleigh’s arms automatically wrapped around his neck. He tasted cool, with a hint of mint. His hair still held the aroma of apples from before he had knocked her out. Part of her knew she should still be furious with him, another part of her chided her for thinking she should hate him, but right now all she wanted was him. The heat rising between them made her smolder. Her harsh words towards him echoed in her mind and she was immediately sorry that she had ever said them. Caleb’s tongue pushed against her lips, seeking entrance to her mouth. She granted his request. His fingers wound through her hair. His kiss became more frantic. He pushed her down on the bed, putting a knee between her legs separating them. His body was warm against hers, sparking the fire between them. This might only have been a messed up dream, but had turned into an amazing one. Caleb’s tongue met hers in an exotic dance. Deep longings inside of Keeleigh awakened that she hadn’t felt in a long time and they scared her a little. Her heart pounded. She tried to keep up with the swift pace of his lips and his fingers when they slid out of her hair and down her back feeling every kink and muscle until they settled on her ass. Her fingers raked across his back. She desired to feel the skin underneath the fabric. She tugged on his shirt and got it loose from his jeans. His flesh was cool against her sweaty palms. The moment she made contact against his skin, Caleb let out a moan. The sound was so heart wrenching she figured Caleb hadn’t been with anyone in a long time.

While they kissed, his mind pressed against hers. The barrier between them started to fall away. His need overwhelmed her mind, forcing a groan from her lips. The feeling was so intense and raw, her whole body shook. Her back arched, He now had her flat on the bed. Caleb’s fingers explored under her dress, moving across her stomach. A connection was forming between them.

“You taste so good, Keeleigh. It’s been so long. So—” she heard him whisper in her mind. His voice was so full of unspent passion she wondered if he was going to burst.

He lifted her dress and brought his lips to her stomach. He suckled her flesh, drawing it between his lips, nipping it with his teeth. Keeleigh ran her fingers through his hair. She closed her eyes when his hands slid over her bra. Her nipples hardened instantly. He peeled the material back, flicking his tongue across the nipple. She wanted all of the barriers between them to be gone. To have his flesh against hers. But when she was about to pull him back to her lips, Caleb froze. His eyes searched hers. She smiled. Keeleigh placed her palm on his cheek. He had grown cold. He was shaking ever so slightly and finally retreated from her, leaving her breathless and empty. Her body shivered from the cold space. She readjusted her dress trying to make sense of what had just happened. The wall between returned and before it did, Keeleigh made out one word.

CONTEST: LEAVE A COMMENT FOR CRYMSYN AND YOU'LL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR A PDF COPY OF ETERNITY OF SHADOWS.

Links:

www.ravynhart.com

www.myspace.com/ravynhart

Pub links:

www.amirapress.com

www.loveyoudivine.com

www.phaze.com

www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com

www.forbiddenpublications.com

www.cacoethespublishing.net

www.bookstrand.com

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Crymsyn,

Great interview and loved the excerpt.
I'm with you love cheesecake. Do you have a favorite?

Skhye said...

Oh, you could have told us the word!!!!!!! It must have been an expletive... Great covers. Wonderful interview, Alisha.

Alisha said...

The winner of Crymsyn's Eternity of Shadows if Lisa! Woo hoooo! Congrats, Lisa! You're the lucky girl this week! 3 times! My kids draw the names each week so you can thank them. Today, Benjamin drew your name. He's 1 year old. Yayyyyy! I think I have your info. from last time but go ahead and email me so I can forward your email to Crymsyn.

As always, thanks to you and Skhye for stopping by! And a big thank you to Crymsyn Hart for being my guest of honor! Don't her books sound wonderful?

~Happy Reading and Writing!
Alisha Paige

Crymsyn Hart said...

Well thanks Alisa for letting me be Interviewed. I appreciate that. I wasn't able to get online last night and say thanks.

Well Lisa, my favorite cheesecake is peanut butter cheesecake.

LOL Skhye...

Lisa said...

wow thanks Crymsyn and haven't had peanut butter cheesecake but it sounds yummy since love cheesecake and love peanut butter.
Thanks Alisha and Alisha please thank your children been a great week.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Cymsyn- Hope you get some of your wishes. Thanks for the interview. Sorry I missed this yesterday - I'm out of the country Mexico not Italy! Book sounds good! Good luck with your writing and cheesecake! HA