Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Interview with L.S. Cauldwell


Please welcome L.S. Cauldwell to my blog today!


Alisha: Please tell us about your childhood.

Lillian: First pleasant memory at 5 years old was coming home from seeing The New York Ballet company perform Swan Lake. The second memory is being a waitress at an exclusive After Cast Party and meeting James Beard. The third and last fond memory was when my older brother moved out of the house and went to college. My parents suddenly remembered they had another child, me!

Alisha: Tell us about the hero and heroine in your latest release.

Lillian: The hero in The Anna Mae Mysteries is Raul Garcia. He has his flaws, but he's there fighting for his love even though he's not always aware of it consciously. The heroine is Anna Mae. She's learning how to use her unusal powers without seriously hurting herself, her brother Malcolm, Raul, or even the local school bullies.

Alisha: If you had three wishes, what would they be?

Lillian: My three wishes: a. Become healthy b. Successful Author c. Have my family nearby so I could visit them whenever possible.

Alisha: If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?

Lillian: Back in time to speak to some of the people I've written about historically.

Alisha: If you could see anyone dead or alive, who would it be?

Lillian: T. H. White and talk to him about "The Once and Future King."

Alisha: If you could take six people to a desert island, who would you take?

Lillian: Robert Graves, Anne Perry, Daphne du Murier, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, and Abigail Adams. Because Robert Graves, Anne Perry, Daphne du Murier are authors and will keep me entertained. Because Benjamin Franklin and I need to discuss The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. Because Abraham Lincoln and I need to discuss The War Between the States more, and because Abagial Adams and I have a lot in common especially woman's rights. We would keep each other challenged and stimulated throughout the whole week and exchange snail mails to keep in touch.

Alisha: What would you do if you had one day to spoil yourself?

Lillian: Check myself into an all day spa.

Alisha: If you could change one incident in your life, what would it be?

Lillian: I wouldn't want to change anything. The incidents in my life are like the ripples in a pond. Each one is dependent upon the other. I like who I am and what I have become. I love my son, his wife, and their identical twin daughters. Life is good. Why change what's good?

Alisha: What's the sexiest thing a man has ever done or said to you?

Lillian: My husband. When I didn't return home on time, he called all the area hospitals and told all my friends. He even got one of the people from the health club to pick him up and drive up and down the snowy and icy roads looking for me. He thought I had skidded into a ditch or had an attack or something. That did wonders for me. I don't have to tell you what we did that night, now, do I???? That's what my hubby did. And, it turned me on plenty.

No comments: