Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An Interview with Adrianne Brennan and A Drawing!


Please welcome Adrianne Brennan to my blog today!

Alisha: Can you tell us a little bit about your childhood? Favorite memories?

Adrianne:I spent a good deal of my childhood reading, and later on writing as well. In addition, my dad raised me on science fiction and fantasy novels, television, and movies. I wrote simple computer games, hung out with my friends, and watched a lot of Nickelodeon. I can't say that my childhood was typical, but it wasn't too unusual, either. I don't have any favorite memories, however. I'd have to say with total honesty that the best times of my place have been post-high school--heck, post-college even! :)

Alisha: Tell us about the hero and heroine in your latest release.

Adrianne: This is tough to answer, as my latest release isn't a romance, per se. *grin* But I'll give it a shot. The Oath series is about a young woman named Lila who is seeking self-knowledge and wisdom. She's a devotee of the Greek god Dionysus and has an interest in magick. She accepts an invite from a secret order devoted to sex magick and esoteric philosophy, and each book deals with a different stage in her initiation into this order. Three gorgeous men are there to assist her, and the Hierophant--her initiator--is really the one who is pretty damned sexy. They're all sexy though. ;) In the second book, there's a menage between her and two of the men.

Alisha: If you were granted three wishes by a genie, what would they be?

Adrianne: 1)Have the ability to travel through time and space and visit parallel universes; 2) Financial independence and 3) Immortality :D

Alisha: If you could go anywhere to tomorrow, where would you go?

Adrianne: I'd love to visit London one of these days, but given the weather we've had here in Boston, I'm going to say someplace very warm and tropical. I could use a vacation to a nice beach somewhere!

Alisha: If you could see anyone tomorrow (dead or alive), who would it be?

Adrianne: A few people whom I would love to meet, either alive or dead: Jim Morrison, the Dalai Lama, Jack Parsons, John Dee, the members of the rock band Rush, and Madeleine L'Engle.

Alisha: Ooooh, yes, I'd love to have a long talk with Jim. What a trip that would be!If you could choose six people to spend one week on a desert island, who would it be and why?

Adrianne: Real or fictional? *grin* Fictional, I'd go with the current Doctor and the current Master from Doctor Who--if I can prevent them from trying to kill each other. :P After that, four more people would just increase the body count. But there'd be ample opportunity for a hot threesome! :D

Alisha: What word or phrase tingles in all the right places for you?

Adrianne: Decadent dark chocolate. Ooh yeah.

In regards to anything sexual...it would have to be said in the right way by the right person. :)

Alisha: If you had one day to spoil yourself, what would you do?

Adrianne: Go to a spa and get a facial, a massage, a pedicure and a manicure. I'd walk along a nice beach and enjoy the warmth of the sun. I'd eat a gourmet vegan meal with some excellent, excellent wine and a delicious chocolate dessert. Afterwards, a hot tub at night, either screened or outdoors.

I think I'm bit of a sensualist at heart!

Alisha: What a perfect day! Can I join you? If you could change one incident in your life, what would it be and how would you change it?

Adrianne: Honestly, I wouldn't want to change a thing. I am who I am today out of both the good and the bad that has happened in my life.

Alisha: What’s the sexiest thing a man has ever done for you or said to you or both?

Adrianne: Took me into his office after-hours and....*grin* You can extrapolate from there.

DRAWING: LEAVE ADRIANNE A COMMENT AND I'LL DRAW ONE WINNER. WINNER'S CHOICE OF ANY OF MY BOOKS IN EBOOK FORMAT. Go to www.alishapaige.com to see my titles.

5 comments:

Babyblue22 said...

Adrianne! Please Take Me With You To The Spa! And if there's a little room in the hot tub I'm sure Alisha and I could keep you company :-)
Great Interview Alisha!
~Afshan

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Adrianne! Your book sounds interesting -- would it be classified as fantasy? If you need a really nice place to go to warm up and go to a lovely spa I can recommend Pueblo Bonita in Cabo San Lucas. Was there early Feb and it was 65 at night and 80 during the day. Had my first spa experience too! Hope your books are successful enough that you can visit there! *G*

Alisha said...

Thanks for stopping by Afshan and Martha! I'd love to give you both a copy of any of my ebooks. Email me at alishapaigewilson@yahoo.com and let me know which one of my titles you'd like.

Have a great day!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Thanks so much Alisha! I'll send my choice Sat am.

Babyblue22 said...

THANKS A LOT ALISHA!!!!
I'll send you an e-mail as soon as I pick my book.
~Afshan