Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Axl is Here! Can you say YUMMY?


I'm super thrilled and excited this week! I just received my cover art from my very talented cover artist, Tamra Westberry! BTW, Tamra does freelance covers for sixty bucks. She will also design the print version of your cover, which includes the spine and the back for no additional charge! See the clickable banner at your right. It will take you directly to her cover artist site. And if you're looking for another great author, check out her books as well! She writes as Tara West.

Tamra has designed five of my covers. See Canyon Wolf Bride and The Wooden Nickel covers on the right hand side of this blog. Two of my very favorite covers! She will make changes on your cover until you are absolutely happy with the final design. A total professional.

Let me give you some examples of her creativity. I told her my book was set in Alaska. She sent me a background photo of the aurora borealis with a moon. She had the foresight to think of the Alaskan skies and to incorporate a moon since my book is about werewolves! Wow! She also came up with the cool design around the title which I didn't even mention to her because I had no way to describe what I wanted, which was some sort of cool design to offset the title and stress the word "circle", which has more meaning to the reader than you realize at first glance. Somehow her artist instinct picked up on it and came up with the very cool design! And she also knows which font will perfectly convey the tone of any book.

Do you notice anything unique about my hero's eyes? She even pays attention to tiny details like that. Pretty awesome, huh?

My cover model is gladiator, Sam Bond. I think he is just about the sexiest man alive!

Circle City: Lord of the Wolfen - Book I ~ Axl's Story will release this week! Available in ebook at Amazon and Barnes and Noble for all ereaders, Kindle, Nook, iPad, and Sony readers for .99! This is a full length paranormal erotic romance of 106,000 words.

Blurb
On the edge of civilization, there is a place called Circle City, Alaska. The last town before the Yukon Flats gives way to frigid desolation. When Zoe O'Brien, a secluded widow, kills a crazed mother wolf and saves the only cub from sure death, she ignites a war between the Wolfen Clan and the Kontar Clan. The wolf people have been enemies of the dog people for centuries and the cub she takes in is heir to the Wolfen throne. Taken prisoner by the Wolfen for murder and kidnapping, Zoe is forced to see and do things with creatures she never knew existed, held against her will in a world she both desires and fears. Axl Wolfdorn is coming of age, ready for his Unleashing and on the hunt for his Moonswan, the female he will choose for the Chase and the royal Feral Consummation. But how can he consider bonding with a mate when the only scent deep within his nose is the tangy scent of the woman who saved his life, the very woman who forced his clan into war, the woman he must now kill to avenge his mother's death?


Have a great Tuesday!

Spread Love ~ Alisha

9 comments:

Skhye said...

Wow! Mysterious. And you know I'm into anything with FERAL in it!!! ;) I'm still thinking that looks like an Ellora's Cave cover. Great job!

Alisha said...

Thanks, girl. Will you still take a look at my blurb for the back of the print cover...at your leisure of course...email me with any suggestions, additions or changes. Are you writing like mad today?

Tara said...

Thanks, Sweetie! You rock, too!
:) T.

mamabear said...

Awesome cover art! If I ever finish any of my books, Tamra will have another customer!
Of course, I can't wait to read Circle City and will download it to my Kindle as soon as it's available!
Love your blog, writing & cover art!

Alisha said...

Thanks, Cathy! Isn't Tamra ultra talented? I'm still in love with my cover. Circle City should be available this weekend. I'm finishing up the last bits of edits. :)

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
You don't know how happy you have made me...*S*
I love your books, and always am on the look out for authors that write stories based in the northwest. But mostly ALASKA.
Why ? Cause I live here!
Also because I always have the hope that the story will have wolves!
Erotic romance set in Alaska with wolves....awesome.
Your book sounds delicious, and I love the cover. On the top of wishlist of this genre for sure *S*
Thank you!

Darcy

Pommawolf @ hotmail dot com

Alisha said...

Darcy! You have just made my night! Where in Alaska do you live? I have never been there but have done tons of research on the fabulous state. I hope to one day visit and travel all over. Thank you for your kind words. If you read Circle City, let me know. I love feedback from my readers! Also, please go friend me on Facebook and Twitter if you haven't already. We can gab about Alaska, romances and wolves...some of my favorite topics! :)

Take Care,
Alisha

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

I live in the interior north of Fairbanks. About 25 miles north of Fairbanks. Atop a medium size mountain overlooking the the valley. You bet I look for you on Facebook.. and Twitter..*S* Thank you again for the great excerpt...*S*!

Darcy

pommawolf @ hotmail dot com

Alisha said...

Wow! Not too far from where my book takes place. Atop a mountain! I bet it is just lovely! I'm so jealous!

Looking forward to getting to know you on Facebook and Twitter!

And you are most welcome! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you stop by often!