Thursday, February 14, 2013

#Romance for #Nightowls! #Amreading #ValentinesDay #Sexy #Insomnia

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm a huge night owl! In fact, I have to struggle to get work done in the early morning hours. For whatever reason, my body wants to sleep but at night I come alive! Maybe because I was born at 11:45 pm. I don't know. One thing is for sure, it works really well for me because I can get my little ones to bed and stay up late writing and working into the wee hours, among other things.

It actually gives my honey and I more time to hang out, watch movies, cook a late dinner and be romantic. So when the weekend rolls around, we are total night owls! We've been known to leave our little ones with our teenager and drive to the lake and watch the swans swim. Everything changes at night. For me, those changes are beautiful and calm. Peaceful. When most of the world is sleeping, we go out and live. Night owls have to eat too. One of the favorite Night owl spots for late night dining is Waffle House!! Who doesn't love a buttery waffle drizzled with maple syrup? Go in the fall. They have a yummy pumpkin pie waffle that is to die for! We love to go eat in quaint Italian restaurants or hidden away Mexican cafes. We've been known to have a coffee in a cozy coffee shop while the rain slides down the windows.

Nighttime is in my blood. Of course, since I'm a night owl, I have a telescope and love to gaze at the moon and twinkling stars.

Early bird gets the worm? She can have it! I'll take my romantic, magical nights instead!

Stop by Vivi Dumas today to hop on the 14th day of the MY LITTLE TEXAS TORNADO tour.


Have a happy Valentine's Night! ~ Ruby Vines

1 comment:

Cathy McElhaney said...

I am the early bird of which you speak, LOL! I love getting up early and watching the sun rise. I do my best thinking before the chaos of the day starts. My very favorite time of day is that very first sip of hot black coffee in the morning.